School emergencies are something we all wish didn’t happen. Everyone wants children to be safe and no one wants educational time to be halted due to an emergency. Effective emergency response is key in reducing the negative effects of an emergency.
Emergencies can be lots of things:
- Zombie Apocalypse
Regardless of what the emergency is having a plan is critical. Part of the plan is going to be emergency response communication. Here are some questions to ask for each situation when building a communication plan.
- What is the situation (tornado, medical emergency, etc.)?
- What type of message is needed (pre-created text or audio, live audio, dynamic content)?
- How will the message be initiated (desk phone, cell phone, computer, button, alarm system, etc.)?
- Who will initiate the message (manual or triggered, if manual who)?
- Who will be alerted? (staff, visitors, select group, first responders, etc.)
- What devices will be used to alert these people? (desk phones, cell phone via app or text, email, computers, social media, SMS, etc.)
If answering this questions leaves you with a communication plan that is difficult to quickly execute contact Disarc. We partner with Singlewire Software and can offer technology solutions that will simplify mass notification for emergency response.